It’s important to be grounded as you go about your life and especially when taking part in any energy or psychic work. Having crystals around you also causes shifts in energy that sometimes need to be dispersed into the ground. But in any case the earth and indeed the universe is one big energy machine with vibrations from the crystals under our feet, the stars and planets above and the people and everything else on the earth.
Why it’s great to be grounded:
1. You feel more “present” in your life and more aware.
2. You feel more present in your human body and enjoy sensations, tastes and sounds more.
3. You are calmer and your reactions are more in alignment with your highest good.
How you might feel if you are not grounded:
1. Tired or weary.
2. Anxious or depressed.
3. Confused and forgetful.
4. Disconnected from the people and happenings around you.
5. Lightheaded or a bit “spaced out”.
6. Shaky or even dizzy or nauseous.
How to use crystals to enhance your grounding:
This is so easy you can do it any time and almost anywhere. Ideally you need two grounding crystals but you can use just one, in whichever hand feels most comfortable.
Stand barefoot (if you can) or in socks if you must, with your feet firmly on the floor or ground. ( Outdoors is lovely, but it doesn’t matter if you are indoors or even on a high level building). If you have to ground when somewhere you can’t take off your shoes that’s fine. It’s better to ground with shoes on than not ground at all.
Touch the crystal briefly on the top of your head, your heart, your hips parallel to the base of your spine and then hold your arms down by your side.
Intend that any energies that do not serve you flow down into the earth to be transmuted (changed) into good.
Visualise a ball of white light starting at your crown chakra (just above the top of your head) and flowing down slowly towards the ground taking any non-serving energies with it. Really feel your connection to the earth. You can imagine your feet placing roots down into the earth if you wish.
Hold for at least one minute but five is better. However, even if you can only ground for a few seconds that is better than nothing.
If you are not able to stand, you can ground from a sitting position by imagining a line from the base of your spine down through your seat to the earth.
Affirmations for grounding:
I am safe, secure and grounded in my physical form.
I have a right to be here and I am worthy.
I trust in the process of life and all is well.
My top five grounding crystals:
1. Hematite. It is the ultimate grounding crystal and resonates strongly with the base chakra. However, some people find it too strong and that it gives them headaches. Personally, I use it for super-quick grounding and centring. I’m not fond of so-called “magnetic hematite” but more of that in a later post.
2. Red jasper. It is so earthy and comforting and seems to have a permanent connection to the earth.
3. Agate. In particular, many people recommend moss agate, which is green and earthy and gorgeous. I find that most agates especially the darker ones have that lovely slow vibration. I feel like they vibrate at a barefoot walking pace.
4. Unakite. It balances the spiritual and physical sides of the body and connects the heart firmly to the earth.
5. Aragonite. Heals the earth and the base chakra. This is one of my favourites it just makes me feel so secure. Red, green or brown is best for this.
There are many, many more crystals which are helpful for grounding and just keeping them on you, in a pocket perhaps, helps to keep you grounded throughout the day. I often keep one in each pocket of my jeans and just touch them briefly when I want to feel more centred or grounded. You may have your own way of grounding and that is fine, and you don’t have to have crystals to ground effectively, but I like to as it amplifies the intention and I feel real physical effects.