The New Year is always a chance to take stock and examine elements of your life, health, love or wealth that do not serve you.
There are parties and fireworks and many people having a good time.
All this, together with the energies of the calendar change put vibrations out to the Universe that we can tap into.
Resolutions can be difficult things from a Positive Thinking or Attraction point of view. Almost by their very nature they put out vibrations of striving and struggling against certain behaviours or habits. The very terms “I will give up …” or “I will lose … kilos or pounds” have negative connotations.
Try these five conscious tips for greeting 2017 and manifesting your New Year goals
1. Change the language. These are intentions that you will manifest and attract not resolutions that you will struggle and fight with.
Try this type of wording:
- I am becoming smoke free;
- I am releasing the weight that does not serve me;
- I am positively attracting a new job;
- I am financially free;
- I am free to attract the love I deserve.
2. Write it down! Write your affirmations and include a sentence of gratitude. Then seal the deal with symbolism or ritual:
PERSONAL SYMBOL: Draw, paint or even with your finger a symbol that means something to you and will help embed the intention. You could use this throughout the year. I often use a heart with a tick inside. The tick signifies action and the heart signifies that I will take this action with gratitude, love and compassion.
REIKI: Draw the power or master symbol over the page or book in which
you write your intentions.
PEBBLE OR CRYSTAL: Place a favourite stone or crystal or a crystal grid over your paper or book.
3. Clear the clutter. Let the energies of the New Year in to your home, workplace, mind and soul.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have time to physically clean out your desk or home before midnight, set your intention and use some ritual or symbolism to seal the deal.
For example, try an affirmation like these:
- In 2017 I am releasing my attachment to the (clutter, old files, or insert your own) that I no longer use.
Then seal the deal with cleansing rituals:
SOUND: Cleanse any area or workspace by clapping, or ringing bells, or a singing bowl in each corner and at each entrance and exit
SMUDGING: You can use Sage other smudging sticks to cleanse your house, garden or work area and to give your positive intentions some extra cleansing oomph!
WATER: Fill a spray with water or use a bowl and pastry brush. Ask the Universe to use the water as a blessing or cleansing and spray or sprinkle in the corners and entrances of your space. (Be very careful near electrical outlets of course.)
4. Cleanse yourself. When taking your shower or bath intend that the water washes away anything from 2016 that does not serve you and takes it into the earth to be transmuted into positive energies.
If you have any clear quartz or rock salt that you can put in your bath or near your shower, even better. You can also do the same with a ritual glass of water. Simply give love and thanks to the Universe and set your intentions to release negativity and transmute into good.
5. Book in a Buddy.
Sometimes it’s easier to acheive our goals if we have someone to share them with, an accountability partner. If you do this, it’s important that you both have positive affirmations and goals and an agreed schedule to check in with each other. (In a supportive but firm way of course!)
Let me know how you get on.
Have an abundant year, filled with joy and gratitude!