These are a concretion, laid down millions of years ago in sedimentary silt. They are said to come in pairs, one female and one male stone. The females are said to be more of a smooth sphere or oval shape and the males are rougher with sometimes protrusions. They have a powerful yet not intrusive energy and help to balance your female-male, yin-yang energies. However, some are androgynous and will work singly, incorporating the properties of each. They are mainly formed from pyrite, iron magnetite or marcasite with sometimes palladian and other minerals formed around a fossilised core.
They have strong grounding properties and are highly protective. They are sometimes called Shaman Stones, but not to be confused with moqui balls which are a different mineral composition and also sometimes called Shaman stones!
Where Do They Come From?
Kansas pop rocks are found in one area of Kansas only as far as we know. Near a pyramid shaped mountain which is now known as Boji mountain. The family which has trademarked the name Boji has a pet crow of the same name. When their daughter found the rocks, she thought they were the eggs of the crow. The owners of the trademark issue certificates of authenticity confirming each set was found as a pair in that location. They are also sold as pop rocks in singles and in pairs, but would often be paired up by the seller. I feel that, like some other “paired” stones, they will pair themselves naturally if you buy them in bulk.
Key Metaphysical Properties
- Balancing and aligning yin-yang, the auric field and chakra column
- Physically energising without being over-stimulating
- Fill the aura with positive energy
- Elevate your level of intuition, so that you can protect yourself.
- Removal of blockages
- Increased cognition and clarity of the mind – improve memory
- Assist the body’s natural regeneration.
- Grounding – especially useful for star seeds and astral travellers
How To Use Them
- Hold one in each hand during meditation.
- It is said that we should hold the female stone in the left hand and the male in the right.
- I believe we should use our intuition and see which feels best in which hand.
- Place one in each pocket when channelling healing or spiritual messages
- Place on or around the body where guided during healing practice.
- Place around your healing room to guard yourself and your client.
- To balance the male/female energies, and grounding place the smaller female stone at the crown chakra, and the other stone below the feet at the earth chakra. Lie down and relax for at least 10 minutes. If you can’t decide which is male and which is female, see which feels better at the head and which at the feet. The stones themselves will guide you.
- Cleanse the energies in your usual way, but take care, they can disintegrate if left outside for long periods.
- Can also disintegrate after shifting a lot of energy for you
- It is said that storing in pairs can neutralise the energy, I feel you need to keep them a couple of metres apart.
- Sometimes, a pair will naturally roll towards or away from each other and you may feel a magnetic pull.